Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is SCENE Music Festival?SCENE is the St. Catharines event for new music entertainment, a locally-based independent music festival that started as a showcase for local talent. Now in it's 19th year, SCENE has recently partnered with Union Events, Canada's largest independent national concert promoter, It has now evolved into an all-ages, two-day event featuring local, national and international artists. SCENE Music Festival has proved a vital springboard for such artists as Billy Talent, Alexisonfire, Jason Collett (Broken Social Scene), USS, Silverstein, City & Colour, Neverending White Lights, Cancer Bats, Ill Scarlett, Shad, Lights, Bedouin Soundclash, Down With Webster and many more.
2. How much are tickets and where are they available?Advance tickets will be available online and at numerous hard ticket locations throughout Ontario and beyond in mid April - check out our Ticket page for the latest info. Online and hard ticket locations will be announced on the SCENE website on our Ticket section of our website - www.scenemusicfestival.com/tickets. Tickets are also available at the door on the day of the event, and can only be purchased at the Montebello Park entrance in St. Catharines. Tickets may sell out in advance so make sure you have your ticket ahead of time so you won't miss out on two amazing days at SCENE Music Festival!
3. What is the difference between a General Admission Pass and the VIP Pass?
The General Admission pass allows anyone entry to the site, except for restricted areas such as VIP. The VIP pass allows the same access to the site, with additional access to the VIP areas through the day. The VIP lounges have exclusive amenities, such as private bar service and upgraded restroom facilities.
4 . I'm under 19 years of age, can I still buy a ticket?
Of course! The festival is for all ages!
5. What does a festival goer get for the price of a ticket?Wristbands given to ticket holders at the Montebello Park main entrance allow all-ages access to all venues, contingent on capacity. Montebello Park is also the festival headquarters which will offer a variety of apparel, music and other products and services for sale by numerous vendors, record labels and more. There will also be merchandise tables devoted to bands on the festival schedule. More information on these events can be found throughout our website. The main event area will also have lots of great food vendors and tasty drinks and treats. This will be an open licensed area for those aged 19 and older.
6. How long does the festival day last?
Doors at the Montebello Park headquarters open at 1:00PM on Saturday, June 28th, 2014. The first act of the festival takes the stage in Montebello Park at 2:00PM. The last act at Montebello Park's stage begins at 9:50PM on Saturday and 9:15PM on Sunday. Schedules for other venues will be available online closer to the date but will run after the mainstage closes until later in the evening.
7. I can no longer go or an artist has cancelled. Can I get a refund?
There are no exchanges or refunds. Artists and schedules are subject to change without notice, and are not grounds for any refund.
8. Does my VIP pass get me backstage?
No, it does not.
9. With so many bands playing at so many different venues, how will I know where and when to go to see the bands I want to hear?On the day of the event, printed schedules will be available free of charge at the Montebello Park entrance. Prior to the event, bands and schedules will be announced on the official SCENE website at www.scenemusicfestival.com/schedule. Visitors to the website will be able to use the SCENE auto-scheduler, an online feature that allows festival-goers to check off which bands they would like to see and then print out a personalized schedule of their day.
10. Can I bring my child to SCENE Music Festival?
Children are welcome to the festival. However, they cannot enter the licensed areas,they must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and please ensure they have adequate hearing protection. Kids 5 years of age and under (accompanied by an adult) are free!
11. How easy is it to get from venue to venue?All venues are within easy walking distance (some are just across the street from others) in the heart of downtown St. Catharines. Venues range from intimate clubs housing 100 people to Montebello Park's outdoor stage, which can accommodate an audience of more than 10,000 people.
12. How can I make the most of my day?Check out the auto-scheduler on the SCENE website to design your own custom-made plan for the day. Check out the numerous Artists, Vendors and the numerous booths at Montebello Park, Watch out for Artist Meet and Greets. Drink plenty of water, don't forget to eat (food is available at the Montebello Park and there are plenty of restaurant choices in the downtown perimeter), plan ahead and pace yourself. Most important - watch, listen, participate, enjoy and have fun. This is your festival!
13. Where is downtown St. Catharines?Directions to SCENE Music Festival and downtown St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, can be found on our website at http://scenemusicfestival.com/directions.
15. I am a member of the press and would like to interview bands in advance and / or on-site at the festival. How do I go about obtaining media accreditation?Advance interview requests, on-site interview requests and to inquire about media/photo passes, please fill out this form here. You must fill out the press form and place your request for media accreditation by June 14th, 2014. Media Accreditation is limited and applications must be received by the deadline date. All media will be notified at least 2 weeks before the festival, if not sooner! How can I get in touch with bands to coordinate interviews onsite/in advance? To coordinate all interviews in advance or onsite, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. What can or can't I bring to SCENE Music Festival?
OK Backpacks (medium)
OK Sun Block
OK Cell Phones
OK Dancing Shoes
OK Small Beach Towel
OK Fanny Packs
OK Digital Cameras (Non-Pro)
OK Film Cameras (Non-Pro)
OK Babies in arms (Free)
NO Umbrellas / Beach Umbrellas
NO Knives / Weapons Etc.
NO Chains / Chain Wallets
NO Fireworks / Explosives
NO Outside Food & Beverages
NO Tailgating in Parking Lots
NO Video Cameras
NO Audio Recording Devices
NO Professional Cameras
NO Stuffed Animals
NO Sharpies / Markers
NO Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia